Grab a friend and join us for a unique cooking experience in our quaint, professional home kitchen. Pick one class or a series and delve into ingredients, recipes and techniques in a fun and casual small group environment that will leave you with fantastic memories and valuable skills that you'll want to share with your whole family.
Led by professional chef Kevin Demarco, our classes are crafted for all skill levels and culminate with conversation over cuisine at our family dining table as we enjoy the fruits of our labor.
We believe that food is good for the body and cooking is good for the soul.
Chef Kevin's Background
- Born and raised in Queens, New York
- Graduated from New York Restaurant School in October 1994 and earned his certificate in Culinary Arts
- Food has been a passion since childhood: from holidays and special celebrations to the daily joy of cooking & eating
- Earliest memories involve creating meals with his Italian family and working as a teen in local eateries and the neighborhood bakery
- Work experience: pastry chef, corporate chef, private chef- owned cafe, a lounge, etc., wine buyer in California.
- Assistant Pastry Chef for two years at prestigious NY city restaurant, Union Square Cafe
- Worked with many celebrity chefs including : Wayne Nash, Michael Romano, and Tyler Florence
- Cover of Wrightsville Beach Magazine - Jan 2012
- Featured on Food Network
- Featured on Port City Foodie
- Awards: American Culinary Federation - SNCH An Evening of Good Taste competition : 1st place entree category & 2nd place dessert
- ACE certified fitness trainer for 15 years
- Believes in fresh ingredients and healthy options that taste good; food heavily influenced by Mediterranean and middle eastern cuisine; the two most demanding people he cooks for are his young daughter and vegetarian wife. When a dish has the Gabby & Susan seal of approval it's good!